Episode 26 'Business cards'

Well I guess this is the first blog post of my new 'out of Uni' life. And boy does it feel weird. I haven't quite comprehended this stage even though it has been confirmed with the final presentation last week; this went rather well considering I was the last student of the day and spent 20 minutes waiting in the corridor freaking out!

So yes, life goes on... and I have got several priorities that I need to address. This means I do have to finally tidy up my show reel and CV. It also gave me the opportunity to go through other smaller tasks I kept forgetting to finish, such as business cards. I had feedback from last semester about how business cards should be kept plain and simple... counting mainly on the personal touch on introduction more than the quality of a piece of card.

I still wanted to have a nice picture on my one however:



This is the back of the business card. You can't see the outline very
well but it is literally is my logo against the white card. Plain and simple

So these designs have now been sent off to Vista Print for printing and should be delivered to me within the next two weeks. This should be just in time for the Degree Show, which means anyone can get involved with all the madness. Vistaprint is a good website to start off with... the way it roped me in was very smooth but I would definately consider finding another website. It boasts an offer (for newly signed members) of 250 business cards from £5. Really do take note of the 'from' because it fails to tell you of the couple of extra pounds for uploading your own images (front and back) the added cost of actually printing the cards and then ofcourse post and packaging.

The final cost for my '250 for £5' ended up being just over £17. Well like I said, its a start.

One final thing for this post: I have finished a watercolour painting I did and edited it slightly in photoshop by adding text and a bit of a background to create the Official Movie Poster for The Money Tree animation.

May the money be with you!

Comments

  1. The thumbprint logo is neat. Yay for business cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I like the touches you made on your business card! especially that nice picture

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 105 'Back to the Future'

Episode 108 'A coleção de Lisboa'

Episode 107 'Exhibition of the Mind'