Episode 87 'Tommy, Rob and Shimuu'

Sometimes the call of duty may surpass your average daily routine, where enjoying those strange, random, albeit hilarious, YouTube videos is simply not enough. Sometimes you need to become the fool and create a rather special video with a good ol' chum of yours. Welcome to TommyRob Shimuu. We're not quite sure of the whys or hows of the situation; more so the why nots and how the bloody hell shall we film that eh? What I'm trying to say is; I am a fool. And so is Rob Millard. So please watch how we've used this to our advantage...



But tomfoolery aside, I have actually been doing some productive and creative work to advocate my place in the art world; in the fine medium of sculpting. Now, unfinished they may be, once painted these models will hopefully play a role in the bigger project of which I shall one day pursue. Stoppit and Tidyup was a children's animated television show from the late eighties, and something that I was always enthralled with when I was younger. Each episode was named after the character, whose turn it was to lead the narrative, but the beauty of these strange characters was their names. As you may notice, Stoppit and Tidyup are short 'sayings' that a grown up may say to a child. This seemed to be the point of the show; to give a novel and fun perception to these sayings. Other characters included Eat Your Greens, Take Care, Bee-have and Bee-Quiet and the villainous I Said No


I still need to figure out how to sculpt Tidyup's hair (the
dude on the left) and give Clean Your Teeth (the chap
on the right) a bit of a colour introduction.

And here are the dynamic duo themselves




I attended Manchester Comic Con back in June (extreme past tense here; it's been a while since I last wrote an entry) and it was so much fun! It was the first Comic Con I had ever been to, so I needed to make a fashion statement. And in true Tommy Grainger style, this meant home made fancy dress. 






I have realised that this episode seems to revolve more around fancy dress and costumes than animation and model making. I have been making things, but the majority of which remains in the studio (and this can absolutely not be published on a blog!). But the new series Scream Street is airing soon, so I suppose (in theory) as soon as I see one of my props on screen I can highlight, screenshot, photograph and point frantically to my hearts content. Scream Street has also begun its promotional campaign, where the first two episodes have been screened to the press. Reviews, TV spots and behind the scenes videos [click HERE for once involving the voice actors] are popping up everywhere. There will even be a cinema spot before the screening of the animated sequel Hotel Transylvania 2 which is both a great and a scary concept due to the size of the screen and the extreme close ups on our attention to detail (or coincidentally, lack of).


Marketing for Scream Street has gone bananas. This is the new website.

It seems so long ago since I started this production. Granted, I haven't been working on it full time, but enough to earn myself a credit. Which is AMAZING. I will hopefully be working on Scream Street for some time but there are still many opportunities up at Factory Create. So if you're a budding model maker or set dresser and actually reading my blog, then stop reading now! I'll forgive you eventually, but for goodness sake get your ass up to Manchester (twinned with Portland, Oregon; the other animation capital). 

Oh, and before you go...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 105 'Back to the Future'

Episode 108 'A coleção de Lisboa'

Episode 107 'Exhibition of the Mind'